Polisi steps up investigation into food aid packages found buried in Depok

19
ILUSTRASI BANSOS
Illustration of foodstuff package. (IO)

Depok, IO – Depok residents were stunned by the findings of up to three tons of basic foodstuff packages alleged to be part of the presidential aid package for communities affected by Covid-19. The pile was found buried and rotten in an empty lot in the Sukmajaya district, Depok City.

The land owner, Rudi Samin, said the finding began with information supplied by an employee of JNE, a courier service and logistics company. He then began digging on the spot, according to a report by Liputan6, Wednesday (3/8).

The case has now been transferred to Jakarta Police after previously being handled by the Depok Police. Jakarta Police spokesperson Police Commissioner Endra Zulpan said detectives will investigate whether there is potential unlawful act in the hoarding of social assistance.

Today, the police invited Social Affairs Ministry and state logistics agency Bulog to directly inspect the location. Together they visited the site that is used to be JNE’s parking lot on Raya Tugu St., Tirtajaya, Sukmajaya, Depok.