IO, Jakarta – The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran invited Indonesian journalists and photographers to visit the Iranian Kharg logistics ship, which arrived at the port of Tanjung Priok, Jakarta, on Tuesday (2/25/20) and will be anchored until Friday (2/28/2020). The ship, which is commanded by Captain Ehsan Nasir, carries a mission of diplomatic relations with Indonesia which has existed for 70 years.
In connection with the visit of the Islamic Republic of Iran (Kharg) Ship to the Republic of Indonesia, Colonel Mohammad Behrouz, the Defense Attaché of the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran, conveyed the following information:
– The Islamic Republic of Iran and the Republic of Indonesia established diplomatic relations in 1950. The two countries are now celebrating the 70 years of diplomatic relations in 2020. In this connection, a series of activities will be carried out by the two countries to celebrate this important milestone.
– One of the agendas planned by the two parties to welcome 70 years of diplomatic relations is a mutual marine visit involving ships of the two countries. Today the Kharg ship, owned by the Iranian armed forces, visits Jakarta.
– The Kharg ship departed from the port of Bandar Abbas Iran and brought 300 students from the Iranian Navy Academy during a 4-day stay in Jakarta. Kharg will enter the port of Tanjung Priok today, on February 25, 2020, and will leave Indonesia on February 28, 2020.
– The Republic of Indonesia is a friendly counterpart for the Islamic Republic of Iran. The two countries work together in various fields. Likewise, in the field of defense there is a mutual visit between military officials of the two countries and there is a determination between officials of both parties to expand cooperation. Iran and Indonesia have a very strategic and important role to maintain security in west and east Asia, especially in the waters of their respective regions, including the Strait of Hormoz and the Strait of Malacca.
– The meetings with Indonesian Navy officials, Open Ship and sports together with Indonesian Navy Academy students, are aspects of a series of activities to be carried out by Kharg vessels in Indonesia. (OHW)