Supported by hundreds of lawyers, Prabowo-Sandi National Success Team to file lawsuit to the Constitutional Court (MK)

18
Prabowo-Sandi preparing a lawsuit to the constitutional court. (photo: repelita)

IO, Jakarta – Prabowo Subianto-Sandiaga Uno has already formed a legal team to file a  lawsuit to the Constitutional Court (MK). The legal team will be led by Otto Hasibuan and Ahmad Sufmi Dasco.

“The commanders consist of the combination of Bang Dasco and Bang Otto,” said Prabowo-Sandiaga National Success Team (BPN) Deputy Head Priyo Budi Santoso to reporters on Tuesday (21/5/2019).

Priyo stated that the legal team was under the coordination of the Prabowo-Sandiaga National Success Team Directorate of Advocacy and Law. “Basically, it is coordinated in the Directorate of Law. There is Bang Otto and the team,” he said.

The Workers Party (Partai Berkarya) member also stated that hundreds of lawyers would join the Prabowo-Sandiaga legal team.

“There are very many, hundreds. And many more lawyers will join. At least, more than a hundred,” said Priyo.

As is known, Prabowo-Sandiaga will file a lawsuit to the Constitutional court. The lawsuit submitted will be to address the election results previously announced by the General Election Commission (KPU).

Previously, the KPU had announced the results of its recapitulation of the 2019 Presidential Election votes where Jokowi-Ma’ruf Amin were determined to be the winners, taking in 55.50% with Prabowo-Sandi taking in 44.50% of the vote.

“Addressing the results from the KPU which have already announced the national recapitulation early this morning. The meeting today determined that candidate serial number 02 will file a lawsuit to the Constitution Court,” said Prabowo-Sandi BPN Director of Advocacy and Law Sufmi Dasco Ahmad in Prabowo’s residence in Jalan Kertanegara, South Jakarta on Tuesday (21/5) (dsy)