Jakarta, IO – A total of 127 Indonesian figures received an award from President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo at the State Palace, Jakarta, Friday (12/8) in commemoration of Indonesia’s 77th Independence Day which will be celebrated on August 17.
According to an official statement from the State Secretariat, Friday (12/8), this year’s honorary awards consist of Mahaputera Star, Bintang Jasa medals, and Bintang Budaya Parama Dharma based on Presidential Decree 64, 65, and 66/TK/TH/2022 issued on August 11.
The awards were conferred to the representatives or heirs of the recipients, namely:
- Ajip Rosidi, a writer, awarded Bintang Mahaputera Pratama;
- Lieutenant General (ret.) Ida Bagus Purwalaksana, Defense Ministry Inspector General (2019-22), awarded Bintang Jasa Utama;
- Prof. Dr. Mundardjito, an archaeologist, awarded Bintang Budaya Parama Dharma;
- dr. Carolina Rezeki Sihombing, a specialist doctor at Depok City Hospital;
- Sunjaya, head of community health center at Sukatani, Bekasi, West Java, representing the other 98 recipients each awarded Bintang Jasa Pratama;
- Gugum Gumbira, Sundanese traditional artist; and
- Dewi Wikantini, a supervisor midwife at Baktijaya Kota community health center, Depok, West Java, representing the other 22 recipients each awarded the Bintang Jasa Nararya. (rr)