The Court advised the Prabowo-Sandi team to add more Evidence

11
Prabowo Subianto and Sandiaga Uno in an event of Declaration of the National Entrepreneur Alliance at Djakarta Theater, Jakarta on Thursday, March 21, 2019. (photo: IO/Yoga Agusta)

IO, Jakarta – Spokesperson for the Constitutional Court (MK), Fajar Laksono said that for the legal team of the candidate pair Prabowo Subianto-Sandiaga could still add more evidence in the dispute over the 2019 presidential election which was submitted to the constitutional court. For now, the lawsuit is still in the verification process before being registered on June 11, 2019.

“After registration, it can be known whether there is an improvement or not. If there is an improvement or addition of evidence, please do it now,” said Fajar at the Constitutional Court building, Jakarta, Tuesday (28/5).

Fajar said that the evidence could be submitted in various forms such as documents, witnesses and video recordings. While related to the proof of the news link that had been submitted by the Prabowo-Sandi legal team, Fajar did not want to comment more. But according to him, each evidence that has been submitted must complement each other. “Yes, evidences that are submitted must be completed with witnesses,” he said.

Fajar also said that for the examination and preliminary hearings it would begin on June 14, 2019. Then proceed with the verification session on June 17 to 21 2019. And last, for the reading of the verdict scheduled on June 28, 2019.

The Prabowo-Sandiaga’s legal team is known to have submitted a case of dispute over the 2019 Presidential Election result to the Constitutional Court on the last day for registration, on Friday (24/5). The registration to the Constitutional Court was represented by legal team that led by former KPK chairman, Bambang Widjojanto.

For submission to the constitutional court, the Prabowo-Sandi legal team consists of eight legal counsel. Besides Bambang as a leader, the team consisted of Zulfadli, Dorel Almir, Iskandar Son Haji, Iwan Satriawan, Lutfi Yazid, Teguh Nasrullah, and Denny Indrayana.

In their request, Prabowo-Sandi’s legal team stated that the 2019 election was conducted fraudulently in a structured, systematic and massive (TSM) ways. They requested that the Court disqualify the candidate pair Joko Widodo-Ma’ruf Amin who was declared to have won from the results of the KPU’s calculation.

In the file that has been submitted, the legal team describes the form of TSM fraud into five categories, namely the neutrality of state apparatus, discrimination in treatment and abuse of law enforcement, misuse of bureaucracy and SOEs, misuse of the state budget, and misuse of state-owned budgets. In each category of violations, they also included evidence in the form of news links. (dsy)