Prabowo: The people’s choice

4
Indonesian presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto shows his ink-stained finger after casting his vote at a polling station during elections in Bogor, West Java, Indonesia Apr 17, 2019. (photo: IO/ARP)

IO – Based on AyoJagaTPS [Lets safe guard the polling station ] movement, the Presidential Candidate pair number 02, Prabowo Subianto-Sandiaga Salahuddin Uno, has emerged triumphant with 62 per cent of the vote, while Joko Widodo-Ma’ruf Amin shared the remaining 38 per cent. AyoJagaTPS co-founder James Falahudin confirmed the validity of this data. He explained the calculated data was based on C1 paper obtained from selected voting stations all across Indonesia. “We believe our data is valid. The fundamental intention of our calculations is to ensure that the C1 data is actually being submitted by people who have legal authority at the polling station,” James elaborated in a discussion titled “the Pounding Events of Simultaneous Elections” in Menteng, Central Jakarta, Saturday (20/4).

James detailed how up to Saturday morning (20/4), votes that entered the AyoJagaTPS application numbered 6.4 million, with input from more than 31 thousand polling stations. AyoJagaTPS collected data through user-friendly smartphone applications that could be downloaded on the Play Store or App Store. Meanwhile, up until Friday, April 19 at 23.00 WIB, Roemah Djuang’s real count data have received reports of results from 9,300 polling stations which unequivocally confirmed the domination of the Prabowo-Sandi pair; however, this result diverged from General Election Committee [KPU] real count data obtained from 8,400 polling stations, favoring the opposite pair.

Meanwhile, based on google, Prabowo-Sandi trends dominate in 33 Provinces, as it is known that the government has set election victory of getting more than 50% of the votes, and/or winning votes in half of the total provinces (17 Provinces), while the remainder of the provinces should take at least 20% of vote. According to a Quick Count by Indo Barometer, Jokowi-Ma’ruf got under 20% vote in Aceh, with 17.12% from 3,523,774 official voters and 82.8% for Prabowo-Sandi; then in West Sumatra Jokowi-Ma’ruf only got 9.12% from 3,718,003 official voters while Prabowo-Sandi earned dominance of 90.88%. Thus, it is ascertain that Prabowo-Sandi most probably becomes the winning party. Prabowo is the People’s Choice for President. No wonder at the declaration of Jokowi’s Victory, Friday (19/04), the National Succession Team of Jokowi-Ma’ruf [TKN] represented by Moeldoko with the conspicuous absence of Jokowi himself, became a “forced declaration” because the claimed victory based on internal quick count did not meet the two main requirements. Meanwhile, a different atmosphere could be observed with Prabowo-Sandi’s declaration of victory, where Prabowo showed up and led the celebration himself, along with his vice-presidential candidate Sandiaga Uno and the coalition party, to declare massive 62% dominance according to the real count results.

According to the Geopolitical Observers of the Global Future Institute Hendrajit, the KPU is currently being cornered by other independent real-count sources. “There are reliable data coming from BPN, IPB, ITB, TNI, and the Democratic Party, all claiming Prabowo’s victory over Jokowi. Against this, looking at the situation right now, we assume that there is an order to spread the winning message for Jokowi-Ma’ruf side no matter how factual it is,” he said.

Celebrating his victory, Prabowo held an event in front of his residence in Kertanegara, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta. Prabowo, wearing a brown shirt, sunglasses and black cap, was greeted by his supporters on Friday (4/19/2019). His companion, Sandiaga Uno, was absent due to illness. Standing by his side, the coalition members were also present, including Secretary General of Gerindra Ahmad Muzani, Honorable PAN Councilman Amien Rais, Chairman of PA 212 Slamet Maarif, FPI Leaders Sobri Lubis, Idrus Sambo, Deputy Chairman of Gerindra Fadli Zon, and Chairman of DPD Jakarta M Taufik. Prabowo called all partisans to prioritize peace.

“I personally believe Prabowo-Sandi sympathizers who are truly devoted to the country, respect the Constitution, are citizens who always prioritize peace. Don’t be easily provoked: the opposition wants to portray us in a bad light. We have no malicious intentions; we want to uphold justice, truth, and honesty,” Prabowo declared in his speech.

Prabowo asked supporters to keep C1-plano in the ballot box stored in every district. He said there was an attempt to eliminate ballot boxes. Prabowo said he would protest against any deviation. He guarantees that this remains in accordance with the Constitution. “When there are deviations in justice, honesty, or when there is a clear attempt to move against people’s rights, we will not accept it. But we will always do things according to the Constitution,” he concluded. (D. Ramdani)