Kemlu confirms no Indonesian falls victim in California Lunar New Year shooting

15
New Year
(Source: Special/Liputan6)

Jakarta, IO – Foreign Ministry (Kemlu) confirmed that there were no Indonesian citizens (WNI) who fell victim in the Lunar New Year shooting in California, U.S., on Saturday (21/1).

“The Indonesian Consulate General in Los Angeles has coordinated with local authorities and the Indonesian community. So far, there has been no information that any Indonesian became victim,” said Kemlu’s citizen protection director Judha Nugraha, reported Liputan6, Sunday (23/1).

Judha said 10 people were reportedly killed and another 10 injured in the incident, some in critical conditions. The shooting was carried out using semi-automatic rifle and the suspect has been found dead with self-inflicted gunshot wound after the FBI and local police launched a manhunt.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna has released photo of an Asian man believed to be a suspect. He was identified as Huu Can Tran, 72.

Read: Iran is strong and alive; Despite 44 years of the maximum sanctions and, currently, violence campaign to incur the regime change

The mass shooting incident took place at Star Ballroom Dance Studio in Monterey Park and Lai Lai Ballroom & Studio in nearby Alhambra. A number of people reportedly managed to snatch weapon from the suspect before he fled. (un)