Jakarta, IO – China’s Ministry of Transportation officially announced that there are no survivors from the Chinese fishing boat that capsized and sunk in the Indian Ocean last week, Tuesday (16/5).
The vessel, Lupeng Yuanyu 028, was known carry 39 crew members, 17 of whom are Indonesians and five Filipinos. The cause is not yet clear, reported Detik, Wednesday (24/5).
They were previously declared missing. Chinese Ambassador to Australia Xiao Qian said that the location of the incidence was at 5,000 kilometers west of Perth, the capital of Western Australia state. The ministry said SAR personnel have scoured an area of 64,000 square kilometers and “found no signs of survivors”.
Read: Ignoring “No Swimming” Sign, Kelingking Beach Sees Many Accidents Involving Tourists
The search for missing victims was assisted by several countries including Australia, India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, the Maldives and the Philippines.
Meanwhile, Chinese state media reported on Monday (22/5) that at least seven bodies had been recovered by Chinese and Sri Lankan rescue ships. However, their identity were not revealed. (rr)